1 week at end of June with Brig as base

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
wanderdiva
wanderdiva
29 posts
Jan 22, 2019 - 8:19 AM

Hi,

Greetings!

After an amazing week of easy walking in Bernese Oberland area last September, I am planning a trip this June end for 5 days with base as Brig. The weather was amazing when i last visited and wanted to choose September for my 2019 trip but could not find decent flight fares.

I have planned my days as below (Subject to weather):

Day 1: Kandersteg - Lake Oeschinensee and some easy walks in the area

Day 2: Zermatt - Matterhorn and walk around

Day 3: Fiesch, Aletsch and walk around Ernen village

Day 4: Schynige Platte to see the wildflowers in bloom

Day 5: Loetschental walking

Will easy walking trails in these areas be open? Please share trails with good views. Is Brig a good base to cover these places? In case of bad weather, what alternate plans would you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Arno
Arno
13979 posts
expert &
Jan 22, 2019 - 12:57 PM

Hi Wanderdiva,

June can be absolutely wonderful as well. Your plan seems fine to me. Day 4 will be a longer trip but other than that no issues.

Things to do and hiking suggestions can be found here: www.myswissalps.com/va lais/activities. Normally all trails should be accessible by late June. But it's nature so no guarantees. I can guarantee that there will be plenty to do and see! Good weather does help a lot. Bad weather activities are limited. There is a thermal bath nearby, and trips to Sion, Montreux and even Bern and Geneva are doable.

Hotel suggestions and more information about Brig is here: www.myswissalps.com/br ig

Last modified on Jan 22, 2019 - 12:59 PM by Arno
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6604 posts
expert
Jan 23, 2019 - 1:46 AM in reply to wanderdiva
wanderdiva
wanderdiva
29 posts
Jan 23, 2019 - 5:44 AM

Thanks Arno and Slowpoke!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019