Planning for 3 nights in Mürren late June

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Alisson119
Alisson119
1 post
May 15, 2019 - 3:38 PM

Hello! So this is my husband’s and my first trip to Switzerland. So understanding getting around and about how much time it gets to and from certain destinations has been a learning curve. (We will be getting the Swiss Travel Pass) We arrive at Zurich airport Thursday morning (end of June) and we plan to head straight to Mürren. We stay 3 nights in Mürren.

Our interests are Schilthorn, Trummelbach Falls, Glacier Canyon - while we are in the area. We are open to other things as well.

The three things I listed - Is this something we can do in one day? Two days? We are also wanting to do hiking (weather permitting).

Also, on our fourth day in Switzerland, we will need to make our way back to Zurich. We fly out the next day. Is it doable to stop in Bern or Luzern for the day to walk around and explore? We’re just not sure what direction we should do. We want to take advantage of as much as possible but also not being unreasonable with the time we have. Thank you in advance!

Arno
Arno
13142 posts
expert &
May 17, 2019 - 6:24 PM

Hi Alisson119,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The three activities you mentioned can be done in a day. For local hiking ideas, please see www.myswissalps.com/mu rren/activities.

I would at least travel one way via Luzern, in or out. That's part of the Golden Pass route and more scenic than via Bern. Both towns are for sure worth a visit. Please find more information here:

All Swiss Travel Pass details are here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019