4 Days in Murren in Juli help with itinerary

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jess455379
Jess455379
13 posts
Jun 16, 2019 - 6:40 PM

So many good posts and great responses to help plan between so much to do, so here is my tentative itinerary and request for input.

We will arrive Murren late in the afternoon of July 1st. We wont be getting started each day at dawn (I do have a 12 year old son who prefers late nights and late mornings on vacation) but we can get up early if any of these days need that. I am assuming up and breakfast finished between 9 and 10 AM. I have tried to piece this together using the great maps and timetables that many of you provided links to but don't want to spend a lot of time back tracking which I think you folks can help me with and also are we planning to much for a day or am leaving a lot of time open.

Day 1: Mt Schilthorn, scenic trail Grutschalp- Murren, Gimmelwald

Day 2: Hike Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg, visit Wengen and Grindelwald, Pfingstegg and toboggan, perhaps trotti bikes

Day 3: Lauterbrunnen, walk or bike to the falls in the valley, then to Interlaken and St Beatus Cave

Day 4 : Meiringen, Aare Gorge, Reichenbach Falls. Would via Grindelwald be the preferred rout to Meiringen rather than through Interlaken?

I see others mention Harder Kulm. Would that fit into Day 3?

Is there time and logistics for Grindelwald to First and the Cliff Walk and perhaps mountain carts?

Any adjustments suggested to move things around? For example can St Beatus fit easily into Day 4 on the way back or perhaps Lautenbrunnen in Day 1?

Thanks much

Steph
Steph
1833 posts
top member &
Jun 17, 2019 - 4:07 AM in reply to Jess455379

Hello Sess455379,

Your itinerary overall looks nice and absolutely do-able, depending a little also on how long days you want to have. You will need to stick to the timetable you mention for detailed travelling times and connections:
- www.myswissalps.com/ti metable
Make sure you read how it works, you will need the advanced timetable for most of your journeys.

You can decide spontaneously if Harder Kulm, or Schynige Platte from Interlaken can be added to Day 3:
- www.myswissalps.com/sc hynigeplatte
- www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/harder-kulm/

Geographically the Beatus Caves fit into Day 4 better, as you're heading that way when going to Meiringen anyway. You will have to travel through Interlaken towards Meiringen from Murren, the Grindelwald option you mention makes no sense. Please use above timetable to confirm.

Also see:
- www.myswissalps.com/hi king/gruetschalp-muerren
- www.myswissalps.com/hi king/maennlichen-kleinescheidegg
- www.myswissalps.com/hi king

Best,
Steph

Jess455379
Jess455379
13 posts
Jun 19, 2019 - 4:08 AM in reply to Steph

Thanks Steph. The tip for the caves is very helpful

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019