Bad weather plan for 4 days Interlaken in November

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Hope
Hope
1 post
Oct 14, 2019 - 4:51 PM

Hello! I will be heading over to Interlaken from Italy from 11Nov-15Nov with my wife for our honeymoon. This is my 2nd time coming back to Switzerland and the first for my wife. We are mainly looking to enjoy the nature, if possible we might be doing some simple hiking if the weather permit.

We will be taking train Bernina express(heard about the great view that can be seen from Bernina express) from Tirano>Chur then taking train to Interlaken, which will be our base for 4 nights.

Since the 1st and last day will be use for travelling, technically we will only have 3 full days. As many trains/cable car services are down during this period, I know my choices are quite limited. Also, the weather condition is unpredictable and I am hope to get feedback on bad weather plans. Below is a rough itinerary that I had planned. Any feed back is greatly appreciated!

12Nov

Travel to Jungfrau. Interlaken Ost railway station>Lauterbrunnen Change to the Wengernalp rack railway and go to Kleine Scheidegg. To enjoy the view at Mountain lake Kleine Scheidegg before moving off to Jungfrau. I saw suggestion to walk through the village from Wengen to Mannlichenbahn lift station, then take the cable car to Mannlichen. However sadly, the cable will not be in operation. We will be going back to Interlaken from Grinderwald when we descent. Do anyone know if there is any short hiking trail for beginners(around 1-2 hours at Grinderwald)?

13Nov

Paragliding at Interlaken(if weather permit)

Head over to Harder Kulm.by taking funicular from Interlaken. Enjoy view Two Lakes Bridge view.

There were suggestion to hike instead of taking the cable car, might consider hiking down.

14Nov

Mount Regi/Mount Pilatus?

I know November may not be a good time to visit all the Swiss alps, hopefully we get lucky during the trip!

Arno
Arno
14103 posts
expert &
Oct 15, 2019 - 7:00 AM

Hi Hope,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The Bernina Express is wonderful indeed: www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress.

The cable car to Männlichen is mainly for people who start/end their hike there. There is a trail to Kleine Scheidegg: www.myswissalps.com/hi king/maennlichen-kleinescheidegg. It will likely not be accessible when you are there. It depends on the weather which trails are safe to explore. We walked from Alpiglen (between Kleine Scheidegg and Grindelwald) to Grindelwald Grund once or twice. I liked it a lot but it's hard on the knees (going down all the time). Check with the tourist agency for the best options given the circumstances.

If you hike on your Harder Kulm day, I'd recommend to hike up instead of down, that's much easier (again on the knees).

Pilatus and Rigi are possible but it's a lot of traveling from Grindelwald:

Our Grindelwald page lists some bad weather activities: www.myswissalps.com/gr indelwald.

Last modified on Oct 15, 2019 - 7:00 AM by Arno

Black Friday deals for Switzerland

Take advantage of the Black Friday 2019 deals! There are some very good discounts for travelers to Switzerland.
More information

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019