Aletsch glacier hike from Bettmergrat, cable car?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ning
Ning
54 posts
Mar 7, 2019 - 5:42 AM

I plan to hike Aletsch glacier trail from Bettmergrat to Fiesheralp station or Eggishorn mountain station via Marjelensee. I will travel from Kandersteg to Betten, where take cable car to Bettmeralp, walk 10min to take Bettmerhorn cable car up to Bettmergrat to start the hike.

However, I only see Swiss Travel Pass over up to Bettmeralp, either from the area vadility map of Swiss Travel System downloaded from

www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

or the SBB connection :

www.sbb.ch/en/buying/p ages/fahrplan/fahrplan .xhtml

Where do I find out the information (timetable and price) on this Bettmerhorn cable car?

Does it covered by Swiss Travel Pass or regional Bernese Oberland pass?

Thank for your help.

Ning

Maria
Maria
818 posts
top member
Mar 7, 2019 - 3:03 PM

Hi Ning,

I love the Aletsch glacier, very jealous of your trip!

You can see the information for the Bettmerhorn cable car here (50% off with STP): www.myswissalps.com/be ttmerhorn/tickets

Fore more info on the area in general, have a look at: www.myswissalps.com/up perrhonevalley/activit ies

For the timetable, have a look at the advanced timetable here: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Hope this helps!

Maria.

Ning
Ning
54 posts
Mar 8, 2019 - 5:45 AM in reply to Maria

Maria, Thank you.

Good to know that the ticket to Bettmerhorn can be purchased at Betten station.

I finally figured out I should use "Bettmergrat" as my destination instead of "Bettmerhorn" on

www.sbb.ch/en/buying/p ages/fahrplan/fahrplan .xhtml

There are so many different name for each station, such as

Fiesch Bahnhof, FieschTalstation, Fiesch , Fiesch, Dorf, etc.

How do I know which to use when enter the "From' and "To"?

Arno
Arno
13969 posts
expert &
Mar 8, 2019 - 1:32 PM

Hi Ning,

These pages might be useful for you as well:

In the timetable, you only need to enter Kandersteg and Bettmergrat, as those are your point of departure and arrival. You don't need to search for each segment individually. You can view all public transport stops and their names on the map: www.myswissalps.com/ma pswitzerland.

Ning
Ning
54 posts
Mar 9, 2019 - 4:37 AM in reply to Arno

Arno,

Thanks. I did use the 2 links for my planning and trail description in my trip description document.

The link you provided:

www.myswissalps.com/ma pswitzerland

is very helpful for planning the trip. I am so glad to have this forum for support.

Thanks.

Ning

Last modified on Mar 9, 2019 - 9:04 AM by Maria

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019