Opening times of attractions & museums Switzerland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
brijesh123
brijesh123
1 post
May 7, 2019 - 4:50 AM

We are a huge group of 14 members (08 Adults & 06 Kids) vacationing in Switzerland from 16th May 2019 to 27th May 2019. We have planned to stay 6 nights in Luzern, 4 nights in Interlaken and Last night in Zurich.

We are mainly interested in Mountain Trips, Boat Trips, City tours and Museums etc. We are not mainly focusing an Snow fun etc related activities, trekking, hiking, Culinary tours, Sports.

There will be two Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays & Mondays during our visit.

I have seen some attractions are closed on Monday (Red Cross Museum, Geneva) and some area closed on Sunday (MOCROCOSM, Geneva).

Are there some Swiss holidays between 16th May 2019 to 27th May 2019?

From where I can get all these information at one spot.

Kindly guide and extend support.

Thank you

Brijeshkumar

India.

Rohan
Rohan
73 posts
May 7, 2019 - 5:34 AM

Hi Brijesh,

Almost each attraction / city / mountain etc has a website of its own.

Its best to check for their working days on their website. I did the same and for specific questions I wrote to the email id of those places and I got a response fairly quickly.

Thanks

Rohan

Luke
Luke
97 posts
May 7, 2019 - 7:01 AM in reply to brijesh123

Hi Brijeshkumar,

Yes, their website will tell you - many shops, museums etc are closed on Sundays. Mountains and boat cruises would be operating every day. YOu can use the timetable to find schedules to any mountain or town etc. www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Google Swiss holidays and you'll find details for that.

For general ideas on what you can do in Switzerland look here: www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities

Steph
Steph
1841 posts
top member &
May 7, 2019 - 8:13 AM in reply to brijesh123

Hi Brijeshkumar and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

As a general rule you can say that in Switzerland Monday is museums-Sunday. But as said you would have to find out individually.

Mountains and other natural destinations are normally open Monday to Sunday, sometimes with a slightly less frequent connection, but open.

To find out about travel on specific days use the timetable. Make sure you read how it works to benefit fully from it.

I don't thinks there is any holiday during the time you mention.

Best,
Steph

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019