Bern to Lavaux vineyard with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Krtangle137
Krtangle137
1 post
May 7, 2019 - 2:18 AM

Hello,

I wanted to know what is the nearest train station to lavaux Vineayrd which is across from lake Geneva. My plan was to travel form Bern Train station to nearest train station to Lavaux Vineyard and do some sort of a hike through the vineyard and then go to Chillon Castle. But I have been having trouble planning this trip. In addition, if there is something else that can be done around there please advice. I do have a swiss travel pass. Please help

Thanks

Steph
Steph
1317 posts
top member &
May 7, 2019 - 8:46 AM in reply to Krtangle137

Hello Krtangle237 and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Find information about the Lavaux vineyards and the hike you mention in the following link.
- www.myswissalps.com/hi king/lutry-epesses/route

To find connections from Bern to Lutry use the following timetable. Make sure you read how it works, it's a great tool for planning:
- www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

The validity of the Swiss Travel Pass can be found in below link, including a superb map. Your trip is covered by the pass.
- www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

Hope this answers your questions and allows you to plan for this lovely hike.

Best,
Steph

1960man
1960man
1699 posts
top member
May 12, 2019 - 11:08 PM in reply to Krtangle137

There are vineyards all along the north side of Lake Geneva, facing south. You can get off just about anywhere. Last year I took a train to Grandvaux on the Bern - Lausanne main line and walked down through the vineyards to station on the Lausanne - Vevey lakeshore main line.

And there is the Train des Vignes:

www.fahrplanfelder.ch/ fileadmin/fap_pdf_fiel ds/2019/111.pdf

Note that vineyards are not limited to Lake Geneva. There are also vineyards on the north shore of other lakes such as the Bielersee.

Last modified on May 12, 2019 - 11:23 PM by 1960man

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019