Reservation on boat from Fluelen to Lucerne needed

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Norry
Norry
18 posts
Jul 21, 2019 - 10:45 PM

Hello, Can someone please tell if I need reservations for the boat from Fluellen to Lucerne? I’ll be using the Swiss Travel Pass, so if no reservations are needed, I just show it at the dock? As I understand, this is free with use of the STP. The timetable shows boats leave every hour; want to confirm that this is so even on a Saturday.

Thank you

rockoyster
rockoyster
7464 posts
expert
Jul 21, 2019 - 11:05 PM in reply to Norry

No reservations required. Just show up. If you want access to upper deck you will need a Class upgrade if you have 2nd Class Swiss Travel Pass. Buy at any station or onboard boat.

Check out this timetable www.lakelucerne.ch/fil eadmin/lakelucerne/con tent/Dokumente_Downloa ds_PDF/01_Fahrplan-Preise/01_Fahrplan/Sai sonaler_Fahrplan/2019/ Fahrplan_Sommer_2019.p df. It changes from 9 September so watch out for that at www.lakelucerne.ch/en/ timetable-fares/timetable/.

Make sure you get a traditional paddle steamer as denoted by icon at top of each timetable column. Much nicer than modern boats.

www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakelucerne

Norry
Norry
18 posts
Jul 21, 2019 - 11:57 PM

Thank you so much Rockoyster! The timetable link you provided is much appreciated.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019