Can a Saver Day Pass be used on Bernina Express

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Gramcookie
Gramcookie
5 posts
Jun 13, 2019 - 12:43 PM

I'd like to use Saver Day Pass on Bernina Express as well as Mt. Pilatus. Is this possible?

Annika
Annika
6025 posts
expert &
Jun 13, 2019 - 2:52 PM

Hi Gramcookie and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, the Saver Day Pass covers a ride on the Bernina Express route. If you want to travel in the panoramic Bernina Express trains, you'll have to make additional seat reservations though and those are not included. Please refer to:

Gramcookie
Gramcookie
5 posts
Jun 13, 2019 - 8:40 PM

I note that Chur to Tirano is listed on the Saver Day Pass page as included. However we will be going from Davos to Tirano. Will that also be included? And can we make the seat reservations in advance on line?

1960man
1960man
2105 posts
top member
Jun 13, 2019 - 11:07 PM in reply to Gramcookie

Davos is on a branch route of the RhB railway network.

You will take the short journey to Filisur to join the RhB's main line Chur - St Moritz

Note that you can travel Davos - Tirano on ordinary trains - without having to pay the extra fee for reserving the 'special' Panorama carriages.

As all modern Swiss trains have very large windows, it is debatable if there is any huge advantage in taking the Bernina Express itself

Gramcookie
Gramcookie
5 posts
Jun 13, 2019 - 11:38 PM

I've done the Bernina Express three times before and always did it directly from Davos. According to SBB there is one train a day in the summer with no change in Filisur. I hope that this will be covered by Saver Day Pass. If not, then I guess we will have to take the train to Filisur first and connect there. Either way, I have found that there is an element of fun on the Panoramic train, especially for people who have never done it before. I am bringing family members who will find it a treat.

Arno
Arno
13990 posts
expert &
Jun 14, 2019 - 6:30 AM in reply to Gramcookie

Hi Gramcookie,

Yes, it's also included from Davos. You can download the map from Annika's first link to see everything included.

rockoyster
rockoyster
7332 posts
expert
Jun 18, 2019 - 3:19 AM in reply to Gramcookie

Hello Gramcookie,

You have seat reservations for the Bernina Express, right?

And no, you can't use the Saver Day Pass for Pilatus other than getting to the base stations at Kriens or Alpnachstad.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019