Conversion from Omani Riyal to Swiss Franc

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Loonabh
Loonabh
8 posts
May 29, 2019 - 6:55 PM

Hi. I am a resident of Muscat, Oman, and will be travelling from Paris to Interlaken on 9th June. Will it be convenient to exchange Omani Riyals to Swiss Franc in Switzerland, or should I get some francs cash from here?

Will I be able to do so at the Basel border station as I will be travelling through Basel?

Thanks

Snowman
Snowman
688 posts
top member
May 29, 2019 - 8:38 PM in reply to Loonabh

The best is to use ATMs. They are everywhere. If you need to exchange cash, do that in Oman, it would be most difficult to exchange Omani Riyals in Switzerland.

Loonabh
Loonabh
8 posts
May 30, 2019 - 1:23 AM

@Snowman

Thanks so much. I guess its better to get some exchanged here.

Peterli
Peterli
886 posts
top member
May 31, 2019 - 5:58 AM in reply to Loonabh

Hello,

I see that you are going to be in Paris before travelling to Interlaken. If I were you, I would purchase some Euros in the Sultanate before departing MCT. Your Euros will be much easier to exchange than the OMR. I assume that you will have an Omani credit or debit card, and perhaps you will be able to use one which does not charge an extra transaction fee to go back to OMR from EUR and CHF

Prices in Switzerland are pretty high compared to the surrounding countries, including France. When you first see a price in CHF it may seem sky-high, but if you multiply a CHF price by roughly .4, you will have an idea what that price translates into OMR.

Loonabh
Loonabh
8 posts
May 31, 2019 - 6:09 AM

@Peterli

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. And yes, I will purchase Euros in Oman , and now some Swiss Francs too. I will also be carrying Omani debit and credit cards. So, I guess I now dont have to worry about my cash issue😃. Thanks all so much.

Peterli
Peterli
886 posts
top member
May 31, 2019 - 7:48 AM in reply to Loonabh

You're welcome.

My regards to Sultan Qaboos !

Loonabh
Loonabh
8 posts
Jun 1, 2019 - 9:05 PM in reply to Peterli

Thank you

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019