Mar 17, 2018 - 2:06 PM
We (couple) need your help for our planned day trip to Ticino region from luzern on 18th May 2018. This is part of our first 8 days trip to Switzerland. We will buy 8 day swiss pass. we have very less time so night stay in Ticino is not an option. our plan is as follows:
1. Take the first boat at 8:12 am from luzern to fluelen to enjoy the scenic ride. As It seems Brunnen to Fluelen is going to be the most scenic boat ride in switzerland so want to include that. Take train from Fluelen to locarno. visit versazca dam and Ascona town by bus. Move forward to Lugano in the evening. Take the last train at 21:42 to Luzern after dinner.
As per SBB website, reaching locarno at 13:27. Around 3 hrs to spend in Ascona and Locarno. Bus leaves Locarno for Varzasca Dam at 16:20 reaching at 16:42. Return Bus at 17:14 from Dam reaching lugano at 18:33. 3 hrs in Lugano before 21:42 train to luzern.
1. My journey date is 2 months from now so the boat timing shown (8:12 am) on lake lucerne website generally remains the same or it changes time and again? How likely is that the 1st boat gets full house and We are not able to find a seat? Are standing passengers allowed to travel in a bus/boat or train in switzerland? Is swiss pass valid on this boat?
2. Is boatride from Locarno to Ascona covered under Swiss pass? Is the post bus in Ascona town and upto versazca Dam covered in swiss pass?
3. How safe is it in general to take the Last train at 21:42 back to Lugano and changing platforms at night? It shows daylight till 9 pm in Lugano so I assume it will be dark only after 9:30 pm.
4. If not interested in Bungee jumping then half an hour would be sufficient to see the Dam?Is any permission required to visit the dam?
Any comment/advise is most welcome.
Last modified on Mar 17, 2018 - 3:22 PM by Lucas