Which cable cars near Engelberg are recommended?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Gunzel
Gunzel
239 posts
Aug 15, 2019 - 9:58 PM

Hello everyone

I've almost completed the planning for my forthcoming 10-day "Tell Pass".

My partner and I will be based at Brunnen and a day at Engelberg is on our "agenda".

I notice there are several cableway options at Engelberg and would appreciate recommendations on those that should have priority?

I also notice some are fairly remote from Engleberg station but a "free bus" is offered.

My only previous visit to Engleberg was in 1974 on the old Luzern Stans Engelberg railway.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Paul in Australia

Annika
Annika
6105 posts
expert &
Aug 16, 2019 - 5:51 AM

Hi Paul!

It's hard to tell which should have priority, as that really depends on personal preferences. Many will mention the rotating cable car up to Titlis and it's certainly a special experience with stunning views along the way and up at the top: www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis. I can also recommend the nice hike from the mid-station of Trüebsee back to Engelberg (or the other way around of course), including the fun small cable car between Ober Trüebsee and Unter Trüebsee: www.myswissalps.com/hi king/engelberg-obertruebsee-truebsee. If you get to spend only one day in Engelberg, the combination of these two trips would be great. Other visitors may share their own recommendations.

Correct, there's a free shuttle between the railway station and the cable car valley stations: www.engelberg.ch/en/ge neral-information/time-tables-free-shuttle-bus/.

HazelB
HazelB
9 posts
Aug 16, 2019 - 8:37 AM in reply to Gunzel

Hi Gunzl

A must on your visit to Engelberg is a trip on the Rotair, a Cable car that turns a full 360degrees on its journey to the top of Titlis. The views are spectacular.

Also a walk through the Glacier caves to the lookout Window at the end, absolutely amazing.

I have visited Engelberg many time and love the village. I am envious of your trip.

Enjoy

HazelB UK

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019