Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Explore Brienz & Ballenberg Museum on the same day

Explore Brienz & Ballenberg Museum on the same day

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Deshani57
Deshani57
43 posts
Jul 31, 2019 - 5:29 AM

Hi Everyone,

Would like some feedback please on how to incorporate a Lake Brienz cruise, a trip on the Brienz Rothorn and a visit to the Ballenberg museum in a day? Is this doable? We (family of 2 adults and 2 yougn kids, 5y and 22m) will be staying Lauterbrunnen.

TIA!

Deshani

Denandshazza
Denandshazza
99 posts
Jul 31, 2019 - 11:12 AM in reply to Deshani57

We stayed in Brienz a lovely small town.i I would say what you wish to do would need 2 days to get full benefit. If it was as Brienz is not too far from Lauterbrunnen (good choice of base by the way it is beautiful) I would travel in to Brienz look round the town get on the boat and incorporate getting off at some point on the round trip to get on the Rothorn train then back down and continue the lake cruise. The boat stopping I do believe is timed with the train. All this including your travel could take the best part of a day
Also try to choose a nice clear day to make most of the Rothorn views. I have not been Ballenberg but it looks like it too could be a full day thing. Enjoy

Deshani57
Deshani57
43 posts
Jul 31, 2019 - 4:39 PM in reply to Denandshazza

Thankyou Denandshazza. Sigh.. it is a dilemna indeed! Cos we have only 3 full days in Launterbrunnen before we head back to our next destination. On the other 2 days, we already have a full itinerary. Oh well, let’s see. I guess I will have to choose one or the other...

Thanks again

Deshani

Denandshazza
Denandshazza
99 posts
Jul 31, 2019 - 7:25 PM

Oh dear. Possibly if you got off really early you possibly could fit Ballenberg in but I think you would be rushing maybe one of the moderators could give their opinion. Apart from anything you have to consider the boat schedules from what I remember I think they go every two hours. Just another thing if the boat is busy it is worth upgrading to first class where it can be upper deck and less crowded. You can do this on the boat when you can decide where you would be most comfortable. As to deciding which activity if you like scenery the boat and Rothorn is best or Ballenberg I gather is more Swiss traditions and history but I cannot give a qualified opinion on it as I did not go.

Annika
Annika
6162 posts
expert &
Aug 1, 2019 - 11:36 AM in reply to Deshani57

Hello Deshani57! I'm afraid that's too ambitious. Combining two out of three would work, although one can easily spend a full day at Ballenberg. Please find details and links to timetables at the pages below; those should help you plan your day in and around Brienz.

I'd plan either Brienzer Rothorn (which I'd prefer in good weather) or Ballenberg (which is fine if it's cloudy or drizzling too), and then add a boat trip between Brienz and Interlaken.

Deshani57
Deshani57
43 posts
Aug 1, 2019 - 3:33 PM in reply to Annika

Thanks Annika. Yes I think we will do the Brienz Rothorn and have Ballenberg as a plan for a gloomy day. What’s a reliable site for checking weather updates?

TIA!

Arno
Arno
14191 posts
expert &
Aug 1, 2019 - 3:44 PM

Hi Deshani57,

Please see www.myswissalps.com/we ather/forecast.

Deshani57
Deshani57
43 posts
Aug 1, 2019 - 3:49 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno!

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020