Festivals in May/June, e.g. Ascona Street Artists

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
PnBA
PnBA
51 posts
Apr 21, 2019 - 6:10 AM

I just read that there will be a "Street Artists Festival" in Ascona/Locarno on days in June when we could easily get there. However, the available information does not tell me if this festival is worth a detour, or if it draws so many people that lodging becomes unavailable and rates go zoom (like the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh, or Montreux Jazz, for example).

Has anyone been, and have any advice? Worth a detour, or only a couple-hour visit if we're already in town? Must be fluent in German or Italian to appreciate? Book a room early or forgetaboutit?

For that matter, does anyone know about other festivals, special events, or concerts between 21 May and 11 June that we might consider? Orchestra and pipe organ concerts are special interests, but it's very difficult to find calendars for such things. We have rail passes, so we can get to wherever something is happening if we know about it.

Annika
Annika
6012 posts
expert &
Apr 22, 2019 - 6:35 AM

Hi PnBA! Unfortunately I don't know this festival myself. I do know that Ascona and Locarno are very attractive, also without a festival :-). I've been there in April/May though, which is low season, and it will inevitably be more crowded during June and during a festival. Whether it's worth a detour is hard to tell. I've looked at your previous topics, but I didn't find a more or less finalized itinerary there (maybe I missed it?), so I don't know where you plan to stay when the festival takes place. If you don't have to travel too long for it, you could just give it a try. You'll find accommodation suggestions at myswissalps.com/locarn o/hotels.

An overview of (cultural) events can be found here.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019