Gelmersee information for Grimsel area,Switzerland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Luke
Luke
76 posts
Apr 26, 2019 - 3:47 PM

Hi all!

I just came across this news as I wanted to stay at the Hospiz at Gelmersee this summer: www.grimselwelt.ch/gri mselhotels/grimsel-hospiz

In the early summer of 2019, work will begin on the construction of the new spit-dam dam. The large construction site affects the environment and brings some restrictions for day trippers, hikers and our guests. The first phase of the construction site will also be used to refurbish the Alpinhotel Grimsel Hospiz and the Grimselnollen infrastructure. Due to these investments in the future, the Hotel Grimsel Hospiz will remain closed during the summer months of 2019 and will reopen the doors in December 2019.

Doesn't look like the gelmerbahn is not closed thankfully! I'll be camping and will let you know if I find anything nearby but it doesn't look like it.

If anyone has camped in the area or in Switzerland in general and has any tips let me know!

1960man
1960man
1703 posts
top member
Apr 27, 2019 - 1:12 AM

Camp in Innertkirchen - a choice of several sites

Steph
Steph
1317 posts
top member &
Apr 27, 2019 - 6:30 AM in reply to Luke

Hi Luke,

I camped on the Lake of Brienz for a few days on a big but wonderful camping called Familiencamping Aaregg. I didn't have a tent so I rented a little bungalow, very nice!

Enjoy your trip, I've always wanted to do the Trift bridge, it looks spectacular are you heading that direction?

Best,
Steph

Luke
Luke
76 posts
Apr 27, 2019 - 2:39 PM in reply to 1960man

Thanks 1960man - looks like the easiest option for us!

Luke
Luke
76 posts
Apr 27, 2019 - 2:41 PM in reply to Steph

Hi Steph!

We're heading to southern Europe for a couple months of camping before moving back to Canada.

We will be travelling back to Berlin via Zurich to visit friends so thought we would camp in Switzerland along somewhere and I've always wanted to visit the Gelmersee area and never got the chance while living in Zurich.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019