Sep 27, 2019 - 9:31 AM
Hi.I would like to seek advice on train passes and my itinerary.My schedule is tight, so I wont have much time to travel.However I have managed 3 days(12-14th Oct,2019) to visit Paris for a day and go around Interlaken.I will be in Geneva for a week for work.My itinerary will be as follows:
1. Paris from Geneva on 11th Oct evening.Halt night in Paris.Go around Paris(Lovre museum and Eiffel Tower) on 12th Oct.Travel to Grindelwald from Paris on the same day evening.
2. My base will be in Grindelwald for 1 night (12th Oct)
Itinerary for 1st day i.e 13th Oct will be something like this:
- Grindelwald to First - Hike from First to Bachalpsee lake.Then hike back from Bachalpsee to Bachlager and Bachlager to First.
- Explore the cliff walk at First. Try the Trottibike
- First - Grindelwald - Kleine Scheidegg - Wengen - Lauterbrunnen.Just to check the views by train.This plan can be skipped.Not necessary.
- Return to Interlaken(base for 13th Oct)
Itinerary for 2nd day i.e 14th Oct will be short since I need to return to Geneva for my outbound flight a 8pm. I will have to reach by 3PM to Geneva airport considering 3 hrs train, and 2 hrs for airport reporting.Since I will only have half a day, I plan to something like this:
- Early morning(Probably 6-7am) hike from Interlaken to Harder Klum.Considering 2.5 hrs walk up and 1 hr explore the place.
- Hike back from Harder Klum to Interlaken. Considering 1 hr walk back.
- Train back to Geneva by 12PM
- Train back to Geneva by around 11.30PM-12PM.
Since I will be in Paris just for a day, I wanted to seek advice on what train ticket to purchase.Whether Swiss Travel Pass or a direct train.I tried to look up but its really confusing. I will also need a simcard(data basically,no calls or sms) for Paris and rest of the days in Interlaken, so also please advice on best simcard. Is the itinerary in Interlaken doable? Kindly advice.Thanks in advance.