Glacier Express seat reservation

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Katrat
Katrat
2 posts
May 18, 2019 - 11:54 PM

I'm trying to book seat reservations for the Glacier Express in August (we have a Swiss Travel Pass).

When I use the Glacier express website it keeps looping and won't let me finalise the booking.

So, after much frustration I decided to use the Happy Rails website that is linked to on this site in the Glacier Express info section. I clicked directly on the link to do this.

I've completed the booking, but I'm a little concerned about the wording on the invoice.

It says I've purchased:

Rail Pass CHF 54.00 / € 47.00

Passholder Fares - Glacier Express - Zermatt: High season

09.52-17.38 | Zermatt-St.Moritz - 1st

I'm really nervous as it's selling out for the date we need to travel (Saturday 17th August).

Can someone please confirm that this means I've reserved our seats successfully?

Maria
Maria
818 posts
top member
May 19, 2019 - 12:02 AM

Hi Katrat and welcome to MySwissAlps!

From the wording, to me it looks like you've bought tickets rather than seat reservations however I could be totally wrong. The best would be to contact HappyRail directly to make sure, they are usually very responsive: www.myswissalps.com/ab outus/partners/happyra il

Let us know if you need further help!

Maria.

rockoyster
rockoyster
7264 posts
expert
May 19, 2019 - 12:28 AM in reply to Katrat

CHF54 is the price Happyrail charge for their self-styled "high-season" seat reservations for travellers with a rail pass. You have purchased a seat reservation - just at a higher price that you would have paid on the GEX website.

You have a 1st Class reservation. Do you have a 1st Class Swiss Travel Pass? If not you will need to pay for a class upgrade.

Last modified on May 19, 2019 - 12:29 AM by rockoyster
Katrat
Katrat
2 posts
May 19, 2019 - 2:00 AM

Thanks Rockoyster, that's the answer I was after :)

Yes, we do have 1st class swiss travel passes. I know we paid more than the GEX website, but I couldn't get that website to work. It kept looping back and wouldn't finalise the transaction. Seeing as though the 1st class seats were selling out, I didn't have a choice. Didn't want to miss out and we have to travel on that date!!

rockoyster
rockoyster
7264 posts
expert
May 19, 2019 - 2:05 AM in reply to Katrat

Seats were running out indeed. You're good to go. Enjoy! 😎

Last modified on May 19, 2019 - 2:07 AM by rockoyster

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019