I will travel from Morteratsch to Lugano August 27 , arriving 10:50. I will stay in Hotel&Hostel Montarina near Lugano station.Please comment on my proposed itinerary:
- 12:00pm Take bus and funicular to Monte Brè (30min; RT CHF 25) 1hr
Fares and timetable:
- 2:00pm take bus from Bre, Paese to Gandria (quickest way is bus via Castagnola 41min) walk along Oliver trail? to Gandria. 30min
- 3:35pm Take Ferry at Gandria [Ferry: 3:35pm] to Paradiso (30min; free for STP)
- 4:15pm Walk (5min) to Funicular station (every 30min; RT CHF 30) and up to Monte San Salvatore (12min) 1-1.5hr
Timetable and fares:
- 6:00pm down from Monte San Salvatore, take bus and walk along Lake Lugano to Parco Civico/Ciani (16min)
1. However, from the Monte Bre timetable , it seems the funicular only runs in the early morning 7:00-7:45 from Cassarate to Suvigliana and 9:05-10:35 from Suvigliana to Monte Bre. Do I read correct? How much time should I allocate at Monte Bre? Is 1hr too much for just for the view and photos? no hike.
2. Between Monte Bre and Monte San Sulvatore, which one should I visit due to time constraint? Monte San Salvatore based on the photos and trip reports.
3. Is Gandria worthwhile to visit? If not, which other port for a boat ride on Lake Lugano?
4. When is better time, afternoon or late afternoon, or early evening, to go to Monte San Salvatore?
5. Other points of interest that I should go?