Golden Pass wrong date seat reservation

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
home2mars
home2mars
12 posts
Jun 12, 2019 - 10:25 PM

Hi,

Yesterday I used www.mob.ch/en to purchase seat reservation. Unfortunately, I made a mistake on the date (I guess I am not used to see the day/month/year format). I made the seat registration (Interlake Ost - Zweisimmen) for JUNE 29. It was supposed to be JULY 29.

I contacted the help center (via its website) and received unhelpful answer, telling me that "it is my loss". They can not change the date.

Is that a final answer? It is kinda upsetting that my first interaction of purchasing anything on a Swiss website was not a good one. Anyway I can persuade them to change their mind?

Thank you for any advice or suggestion to get my seat reservations (4 persons) change to a correct date?

FYI: Reservation id: 800800-1

rockoyster
rockoyster
6466 posts
expert
Jun 13, 2019 - 1:57 AM in reply to home2mars

That's a shame.

Most rail and tour companies have an administrative charge if you want to change a booking (usually around 15%). My guess is that as the reservation charge is only CHF8 they decided they simply won't change.

You cold try contacting them again and see if you get a more sympathetic customer service operative.

Arno
Arno
13383 posts
expert &
Jun 13, 2019 - 6:52 AM

Hi Home2mars,

Indeed refunds are often not offered for reservations and discounted tickets like Supersaver tickets and the Saver Day Pass. I don't think it makes sense for reservation changes, but that's the way it is. You could try again at any staffed train station in Switzerland, but you would need to do so before the date of your incorrect reservation, so that's unrealistic I guess. Trying to get a refund on an expired but unused reservation won't work I guess. You can try though: show them both reservations and explain what happened. But don't count on anything!

Last modified on Jun 13, 2019 - 6:52 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019