Hiking to Charles Kuonen Bridge late March

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Swiss tri
Swiss tri
6 posts
Feb 13, 2019 - 9:29 AM

Dear Team,

I am planning to hike up from Randa to the Charles Kuonen Suspension Bridge. I shall arrive Geneva on 28th od March early morning at 9am. I plan to hike on the same day. I believe that is possible as Randa is just 1 and half hours away from Genève. I'm worried whether the Suspension Bridge will be accessible at that time of the year i.e end of march.

Would there be snow? or any other thing making it impossible to hike?

I thank you in advance.

Regards,

Sonal

Arno
Arno
13951 posts
expert &
Feb 13, 2019 - 10:41 AM

Hi Sonal, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Unfortunately the bridge and access trails will not be accessible in March. It is closed for winter and won't be open until May. The exact date depends on the weather.

For more hiking ideas in the area, please see www.myswissalps.com/ma ttervalley/activities. Trails above 1000-1500 m will probably not be accessible, except for groomed winter trails around Zermatt.

Last modified on Feb 13, 2019 - 10:41 AM by Arno
Swiss tri
Swiss tri
6 posts
Feb 13, 2019 - 12:14 PM

Hello Arno,

Thank you so much for your quick resposne.

I shall refer the link and in case any further questions , I shall get back to you.

regards,

Sonal

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019