Finalizing details for hiking in Jungfrau region

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Tarat21
Tarat21
6 posts
Jun 9, 2019 - 12:23 PM

Good morning- again want to thank you for such an amazing website! I have got so much info off this. We are traveling to Interlaken from June 25-28. Our base in Interlaken. I have a couple of questions regarding our itinerary...traveling will be with my Husband and 2 kids (13 &10) .

On day/night of arrival from Paris maybe dinner up Harder Klum.

Weather permitting on June 26th:

Schilthorn one day with some village/hiking sight seeing. Would this be possible in one day :

Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg to Gimmelwald to Murren.

From Murren to Birg (thrill walk) all the way up to Schilthorn.

On way down maybe go to Allmendhubel

Murren (explore town) to Grutschalp to Lauterbrunnen (stop here to explore town and waterfall walk/hike)

Then back to Interlaken.

Is all that possible in a day? And is that the correct sequence in train/bus/cable cars?

And on our other day the 27th - again weather permitting we want to do Jungfraujoch.

Interlaken to Zweilütschinen to Lauterbrunnen to Wengen ( *** to Mannlichen to hike to KS) from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch

*** Do we want to add this hike in before Jungfraujoch? Or just get straight up...as it says it’s better to hike Mannlichen to KS then KS to Mannlichen? (Is there anyway to hike Mann to KS on the way down)

On return Jungfraujoch to KS - get off and hike or cable car... to (Männlichen ) or to (Grindelwald ) and explore there...

can we somehow add First to Balchsee hike in there on the Jungfraujoch day?

I hope I am writing this in a way that is understandable. Thank you so much for your input.

Steph
Steph
1467 posts
top member &
Jun 9, 2019 - 1:59 PM in reply to Tarat21

Hello Tarat21,

Nice to hear you've found lots of helpful support on our page.

I am posting Rockoysters top suggestion here, which is
“from Lauterbrunnen a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren(train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you can easily visit Schiltorn and Allmendhubel if you have time. In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls.“

Also check:
- www.myswissalps.com/hi king/gruetschalp-muerren
- www.myswissalps.com/sc hilthorn

For detailed connections use the advanced timetable in below link and make sure you read first how it works, it's a fabulous tool for any planning in Switzerland:
- www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Days on high altitudes can by very tiring, so maybe you will be tired and happy to just go and relax, otherwise you can of course additionally visit the destinations you mention, all depending on you.
- www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch
- www.myswissalps.com/hi king/maennlichen-kleinescheidegg
- www.myswissalps.com/hi king/bachsee, in my opinion this might just be a little too much

Hope this supports the finalising of your tour.

Best,
Steph

PS: Have you looked into rail passes jet for your trip?!
- www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses
- www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrautravelpass

- www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass
- www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard
- www.myswissalps.com/sw issfamilycard, allows your children 100% free travel if you hold one of the two above passes

Last modified on Jun 9, 2019 - 2:01 PM by Steph
Tarat21
Tarat21
6 posts
Jun 9, 2019 - 3:32 PM in reply to Steph

Thank you staff. We have gotten swiss travel passes, so yes our kids will be covered as well as Schilthorn!

And thank you for your advice and suggestions, we will definitely play it by ear with our kids and how much we take on.

thank you!

Tara

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019