Best hiking to and from Eggishorn in Switzerland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jongoumd2005
Jongoumd2005
5 posts
Apr 2, 2019 - 12:11 AM

Hello,

I am looking to hike up to the summit of Eggishorn, and get back down somehow. I'm collecting information from various sites to figure out what is the best option - taking into account having a decent hiking challenge, monetary value, and great views.

I am most likely going to be doing the following:

• Cable car from Betten Talstation to Bettmerhorn ($24.80)
  • Hike up from Bettmerhorn up to Eggishorn summit, and down to Fiescheralp (4.3 miles)
  • Cable car down from Fiescheralp to Fiesch ($20)

But am considering these changes/additions and would like your opinions/facts:

• Doing this in the opposite direction (Fiesch > Betten Talstation) - which way would have better views? which way is more difficult?
  • Hiking from Bettmeralp to Bettmerhorn (or opposite) - not sure how far or how difficult this is?
  • Hiking from Fiescheralp to Fiesch (or opposite) - not sure how far or how difficult this is?

I THINK these prices and distances are correct (Please let me know if they seem incorrect)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jonathan

Nevertoolate
Nevertoolate
69 posts
Apr 2, 2019 - 1:50 AM

Jonathan-- Have not done this peak, but wanted to share this website, which may have useful information. Looks like a fabulous view opportunity, with short/moderate/long approach options that seem non-technical, assuming you stay off the glacier. No price info, unfortunately.

www.summitpost.org/egg ishorn/154670

NTL

Arno
Arno
14103 posts
expert &
Apr 2, 2019 - 8:38 AM
Last modified on Apr 2, 2019 - 8:39 AM by Arno

Black Friday deals for Switzerland

Take advantage of the Black Friday 2019 deals! There are some very good discounts for travelers to Switzerland.
More information

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019