Hours for Wengen stores/restaurants late October?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
mhavens
mhavens
5 posts
May 21, 2019 - 11:43 PM

My wife and I (50 yrs) will be staying in Wengen Oct 22-25 (Fri - Mon). What can we expect from the stores/restaurants in the Lauterbrunnen/Wengen area? As our two main days are the weekend, I'd like to know if everything is shuttered on Sunday, especially this time of year? It's starting to get dark sooner, too.

If we wanted to get a feel of the locals at night, would we need to plan on going to Grindelwald, or Interlaken, or are there fun places in the evening to go soak up some culture - more people oriented, and less touristy (if that's possible in this area)?

Thanks!

1960man
1960man
1724 posts
top member
May 22, 2019 - 12:34 AM in reply to mhavens

Quite a few shops are likely to be closed on a Sunday in October

In late October (especially) you are likely to find that Swiss towns are very quiet at night...

Last modified on May 22, 2019 - 12:35 AM by 1960man
pvonk
pvonk
147 posts
May 22, 2019 - 10:20 AM in reply to mhavens

I’ve been in Lauterbrunnen in mid to late October. That period is the in-between season (fall to winter) where many/most restaurants and hotels close down for a few weeks. Lauterbrunnen And Wengen were pretty empty. Night life is not active. Grindelwald, and Interlaken had more activity but not like high tourist season.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019