How to explore Mount Titlis + starting from Geneva

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
AnkitBhupt
AnkitBhupt
2 posts
Jun 5, 2019 - 3:04 AM

I am coming to Switzerland for a conference which will get over on 2nd July night at Geneva. I will be free to explore the country from the morning of 3rd July.

I would like to visit Mount Titlis.

I have yet not booked my return flight to Mumbai, India

Can you please guide me on the following queries?

1) I am a budget traveler. After leaving from Geneva, which place should I go to as a base for Mount Titlis? Which hostel will you recommend?

2) How to reach Mount Titlis from Geneva?

3) What time should I leave from Geneva to reach Mount Titlis? I need to check-in to a base hostel to keep my luggage

4) Where should I go after Mount Titlis?

5) From where should I book my return flight to India?

6) How much will be the cost of this trip?

7) Should I pre-book the tickets online or buy it on the go?

8) What is the wather prediction for Mount Titlis on 4th or 5th of July? Will it be worth going up on any of there days?

Thank you very much in advance

Arno
Arno
13630 posts
expert &
Jun 5, 2019 - 7:17 AM

Hi AnkitBhupt,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

1) I would recommend to stay in Lucerne, and to get there via the scenic Golden Pass line if time permits:

2) You would then depart from Lucerne, please find guidance here: www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis/gettingthere.

3) Please find travel times via www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

4) You'll find many suggestions on our Lucerne page.

5) Zurich is closest: www.myswissalps.com/ai rports/zurich

6) Sorry, that's for you to find out after putting together a plan. There are too many decencies (number of nights, travel pass/tickets, hotel choice).

7) If you need a pass for the trains and other day trips, then it's best to get that online. The Titlis ticket is best purchased when you know the weather will be good. If your date is fixed you can buy it online at any time too.

8) The weather is unknown until a few days ahead of time, please see www.myswissalps.com/we ather/forecast.

AnkitBhupt
AnkitBhupt
2 posts
Jun 5, 2019 - 9:46 AM

Dear Team,

thank you very much for your response. Based on it I have made following Itinerary

3rd July - Departure from Geveva to Lucerne. Exploring the city in evening & night stay at a hostel in Lucerne

4th July - Departure for Mount Titils from Lucerne. Night stay at Lucerne or Zürich

5th July - Zürich City

based on this, can you please suggest me if should I really get a any pass or buy individual tickets? And if I should buy pass, which one?

Thanks

rockoyster
rockoyster
6708 posts
expert
Jun 5, 2019 - 10:02 AM in reply to AnkitBhupt

Grab yourself a Saver Day Pass (www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass and bit.ly/2rkekat) for the trip from Geneva to Luzern. Apart from that a pass is probably not worthwhile.

Stay 2 nights in Luzern - don't shift accommodation to Zurich.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019