Landwasser Aquaduct accessibility - Goethe sketch

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Idali
Idali
9 posts
Oct 14, 2018 - 4:53 AM

From what vantage point did Goethe draw his sketch of the aquaduct and is it accessible now?

Snowman
Snowman
570 posts
top member
Oct 14, 2018 - 1:34 PM

Errr.... My culture does not reach the Goethe sketch which you mention. AFIK, an aquaduct is a bridge for a water channel. Landwasser is famous for a railway bridge (viaduct) built in 1902, i.e. 70 years after J.W. Goethe's death? Can you rephrase your question?

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6300 posts
expert
Oct 15, 2018 - 12:04 AM in reply to Idali

<<" aquaduct">>

Viaduct?

Slowpoke

Idali
Idali
9 posts
Oct 15, 2018 - 1:39 AM

Oops. Same question but Wildener Brucke, I think over the Viamala Gorge, south of Thusis, sketched in 1788 by Goethe.

Snowman
Snowman
570 posts
top member
Oct 15, 2018 - 6:20 AM in reply to Idali

The Wildener Brücke (the remaining one, of the original two) is on the Viamala Trail. Closest access by postal bus, stop at "Zillis, Viamala-Schlucht".

Please login to see the attached documents
Snowman
Snowman
570 posts
top member
Oct 15, 2018 - 6:27 AM

map.schweizmobil.ch/?lang=en&land=wanderlan d&route=all&bgLayer=pk &layers=Wanderland%2CS tation&season=summer&r esolution=4.03&E=27540 91&N=1169814

Click on the blue bus stop icon, click on the grey box "Zillis, Viamala-Schlucht". You get the box of the Swiss transport system. Just add any departure station in Switzerland, and the desired day and time of departure or arrival. Have good boots, and don't wander away from the trail, it is quite steep there!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019