Self service laundry washing machine in Interlaken

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
LNBOUDART
LNBOUDART
6 posts
May 28, 2019 - 8:01 PM

This forum has been fabulous in helping me plan my 25th wedding anniversary trip to Switzerland so thanks so much! As we will be traveling for 10 days, can anyone advise if there is a laundromat (self service) in Interlaken? This would be hugely beneficial in minimizing the amount we need to pack!!

Thanks in advance!

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6618 posts
expert
May 29, 2019 - 12:58 AM in reply to LNBOUDART
Last modified on May 29, 2019 - 12:59 AM by Slowpoke
Steph
Steph
1861 posts
top member &
May 30, 2019 - 5:15 AM in reply to LNBOUDART

Hi LNBoudart,

I also find the 4 laundry services in Slowpokes second link. However I'm not sure they are self service.

Enjoy your anniversary trip in Switzerland!!!

Best,
Steph

Peterli
Peterli
886 posts
top member
May 31, 2019 - 7:23 AM

Hi,

I too do not think that the "laundry services" (Rama, Berna, and Perle) in and around Interlaken are laundromats like the "self-service" ones that one finds in America. You just don't find much of this in Switzerland. You might be able to find laundry facilities in your overnight accommodations. I don't know if you are interested in Youth Hostels (Jugendherbergen), but the one in Interlaken does have washing facilities (washing machine and laundry drier).

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6618 posts
expert
May 31, 2019 - 7:58 AM in reply to Peterli

Hi Peterli -

For many years there was at least one true self service "laundromat" in Interlaken, frequented by hordes of backpackers. Rather chaotic. Unfortunately, I don't recall which one it was, or whether it still exists. We used it; the owner would also wash your clothes for you.

Self-service laundries are indeed rare. They are more likely to be found at hostels (as you note), campgrounds, or in cities near universities. In replying to the original request, I was about to recommend the self service laundry at the campgrounds near Brienz...used it once....but I checked and could not find out if it exists now.

In an extended stay with family in 2009, we chose an apartment rental at the Swiss Holiday Park in Morschach, for the wide variety of facilities as well as the ready availability of clothes washers and dryers.

My current solution will not match the needs of the poster. Depending on schedules, I do laundry at the apartment of a friend near Luzern, or have it done at Jetwasch in Luzern.

jetwasch.ch/en/

Although not cheap unless you have a large load, Jetwasch is fast and efficient. I take in a load of laundry in the morning (or two, if I have lights and darks) and pick it up in the afternoon. They charge a fixed fee for one washer load of any size. I usually have no trouble finding things to do during the day near Luzern that permit that practice. An example is lunch at Hammetschwand.

Also, one of my favorite inns that is in the countryside well off the common tourist routes will do my laundry for a relatively low cost, if I am staying there or two days.

Slowpoke

Last modified on May 31, 2019 - 7:59 AM by Slowpoke
Peterli
Peterli
886 posts
top member
Jun 1, 2019 - 3:26 AM in reply to Slowpoke

When (if) you are in Lausanne, check out Lavotech, and when in Geneva it's Speed Queen. The words to look for are "self-service".

You can also look at this: www.eeproperty.ch/tag/ hebdo/

Last modified on Jun 1, 2019 - 3:29 AM by Peterli

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019