Reservations needed for Luzern Oktoberfest?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
KolaX
KolaX
42 posts
May 24, 2019 - 10:25 AM

Hi , I was just googling on event in Sept in Switerland and I saw that Lucern will have Octoberfest in that period. Is it a must to rsvp for seat ? or can tourist just walk in to enjoy the fest ? Thanks

Pickergal
Pickergal
80 posts
May 24, 2019 - 11:42 PM in reply to KolaX

Hi KolaX,

We did the Oktoberfest in Lucerne in 2017. We had an absolutely incredible time. We were very fortunate to sit next to a group of wonderful people who spoke English. They included us as part of their group. I believe you have to purchase the tickets in advance. At least we did and some nights were sold out. Here is the link to purchase tickets.

www.lozaerner-oktoberfest.ch/de

Be forewarned. Everyone is dressed in their Oktoberfest outfits. We stood out like a sore thumb. haha

Have a great time!

KolaX
KolaX
42 posts
May 25, 2019 - 7:26 AM

I c , thanks for the info. Cos we only got a few hours there before we need to catch a train at Zurich. They open at 17:00 the day we going to be there but we need to be at Zurich for our train at 21:40. Not sure if it's a good idea to book the tickets.

btw : what is included in the tickets ? i only saw seats and beer , whats the other 2 ? ( also by mass means 2 mug of beer ? )

Exclusively reserved seats

1 Oktoberfest Brez'n

2 mass of beer

Gaudi & Musi

rockoyster
rockoyster
7183 posts
expert
May 25, 2019 - 7:36 AM in reply to KolaX

Brezen = bretzel.

mass = measure = 1 litre perhaps? That’s how big the Steins were in Munich.

KolaX
KolaX
42 posts
May 25, 2019 - 7:48 AM

@Pickergal :

Do you have problem like getting in and out ( like overcrowded ? ) Do you recommend if we just go there for like 2-3 hrs then make our way back to Zurich ?

Was hoping to experience Oktoberfest but we will miss the ones n munich this trip so that of going this one since we will be in Lucerne for transit then. Thanks

@rockoyster : Thanks , what about "Gaudi & Musi"? cos i saw these are "included" in the ticket

rockoyster
rockoyster
7183 posts
expert
May 25, 2019 - 7:52 AM in reply to KolaX

Fun and music?

Pickergal
Pickergal
80 posts
May 25, 2019 - 7:22 PM

I believe we each received 2 beers and they were huge. It also included a pretzel and a choice of main course. Of course, they had a german band and great music. The whole place was standing on the picnic benches dancing; we had an awesome and authentic time!

It was very easy getting in and out but you have to take a bus to get back to the Luzern train station. The bus picks you up right outside the Ice Center, the location of the Oktoberfest. It really is up to you whether you want to spend the money for a few hours. I would say the place really started rocking around 19:00 or 20:00. You would have to leave at that time. I'm sure you will have fun if you go but it sure would be nice if you could stay longer.

Have a great time whatever you decide.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019