Mar 24, 2019 - 10:36 AM
Near the end of 2 weeks in Switzerland, I was thinking of
1. Murren to Bern for one overnight as folks were gushing about the town.
2. Then Golden Pass train to Geneva
3. Then Geneva to Chillon Chateau day trip
4. Fly out from Geneva
- There doesn't appear to be a direct boat ride from Geneva to Chillon: is that correct? And it would be a full day either way? So not logistically efficient? Or am I missing something?
- Would it be fairly easy to stop off at Montreux (bags put into lockers ), walk/boat/bus to Chillon, back to Montreux then go to Geneva via train? How long of a day would this be?
- In this scenario, is the Montreux/Chillon boat ride visually worthwhile?
- I can't find a boat from Montreux to Geneva--is there one?
Thanks very much in advance!