Is Half Fare Card required for Supersaver ticket?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
pkerr
pkerr
148 posts
May 23, 2019 - 2:08 PM

I ran across an interesting result in my search for discounted tickets on SBB. In every search I made, if I did not say that I had a HFC, the Supersaver option never showed. On the same search if I said I had a HFC, then the SuperSaver option would show. Take away the HFC and the SuperSaver would disappear.

According to my search results, it seems like the HFC is required to get the SuperSaver deal. I found no exceptions to this.

Arno
Arno
14030 posts
expert &
May 23, 2019 - 3:08 PM

Hi Pkerr,

Interesting, I haven't seen this yet. Supersaver tickets are available to people with or without a Swiss Half Fare Card, although it's up to the railways what exactly they offer for a particular route, date and time. You can check other websites selling Supersaver tickets, please see www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland /price. I just did a check on https://www.happyrail. com/en and found Supersaver tickets for Swiss Half Fare Card holders (cheapest) and also for non-holders (more expensive but still cheaper than a regular ticket).

pkerr
pkerr
148 posts
May 23, 2019 - 3:31 PM in reply to Arno

Intersting indeed. I only did searches on SBB so it may be a "glitch" or something else. BTW... do you know if the other sellers would ever have cheaper tickets then SBB? I know it wouldn't apply to every route but was just curious if it might justify the time searching the various ticket providers.

Thanks

Last modified on May 23, 2019 - 3:34 PM by pkerr
Arno
Arno
14030 posts
expert &
May 23, 2019 - 5:47 PM in reply to pkerr

I've definitely seen tickets for a border crossing journey that were cheaper elsewhere than at the SBB site. Domestic tickets not so much though, it's usually the same price or minor differences either up or down because of exchange rates.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019