How to cover as much as possible in 1 day Lugano

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mala
Mala
2 posts
Aug 24, 2019 - 2:54 PM

Can you please give suggestions for a day in Lugano. We a group of 6 adults arrive at 10am and are staying that night in Lugano in Hotel Gabbani. Any recommendation Is appreciated. We would like to see Monte Bre, Gandria, Lugano city walk, Swiss miniature and I’d time permits Monte Salvatore

Annika
Annika
6101 posts
expert &
Aug 24, 2019 - 3:42 PM

Hello Mala, thanks for joining MySwissAlps! Great that you get to visit Lugano; it's a beautiful city. I'm afraid it's hard to combine all of your plans. But if you leave early, a schedule could look like this:

Alternatively, you could take a boat from Gandria and head for Melide where Swissminiatur (www.myswissalps.com/sw issminiatur) is located. When heading back by train, you could visit either Monte San Salvatore or explore Lugano. Doing both would be a bit too ambitious I think. You can use the timetable to plan each segment of your journey: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Snowman
Snowman
689 posts
top member
Aug 25, 2019 - 8:59 AM in reply to Mala

Dear Mala,

Go to Poretti SA, a garment store, the motto of which is della testa ai piedi ( from head to feet). They surely have long raincoats with hoods that will enable you guys to cover everyrhing.

Enjoy the trip!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019