Pilatus golden round trip ticket from Kriens

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
cc123
cc123
47 posts
May 18, 2019 - 1:58 PM

visiting on 1 aug 2019 (swiss national day)

1) Kriens/Alpnachstad–Pilatus Kulm–Kriens/Alpnachstad CHF72 -> does this ticket allow me to start at Kriens and end at Alpnachstad & vice versa?

2) Are there any differences (views etc) between Alpnachstad -> pilatus -> kriens vs Kriens -> Pilatus -> Alpnachstad

3) If I start the golden round trip from Luzern -> Kriens -> Pilatus -> Alpnachstad -> Luzern (by boat), is the ticket price still the same as "Luzern–Alpnachstad–Pilatus Kulm–Kriens–Luzern (Boat 2nd class incl. bus) @ CHF102.6"?

4) Kriens -> Pilatus -> Fraekmuentegg (take the toboggan) -> Alpnachstad (via Pilatus)

will the mt pilatus portion of the "Luzern–Alpnachstad–Pilatus Kulm–Kriens–Luzern (Boat 2nd class incl. bus) @ CHF102.6" ticket be valid for this trip? Or do i need to purchase 3 individual tickets: (1) Kriens–Pilatus Kulm–Fräkmüntegg, (2) Fräkmüntegg–Pilatus Kulm and (3) Alpnachstad–Pilatus Kulm?

thank you

rockoyster
rockoyster
7361 posts
expert
May 18, 2019 - 9:31 PM in reply to cc123

You have the correct pricing assuming you have no form of travel pass. Then . . .

1. Yes.

2. Not really. It depend which way you face.

3. Yes.

4. Fräkmüntegg is between Kriens and Pilatus Kulm. You can get off there from either direction as long as you then continue on in the same direction you were heading when you got off. Your description implies going to the top then coming back down to Fräkmüntegg.

Last modified on May 18, 2019 - 9:51 PM by rockoyster
Maria
Maria
818 posts
top member
May 18, 2019 - 11:20 PM

Hi CC123,

In addition to the information from Rockoyster, you can find a full route description and ticket information for Pilatus on this link www.myswissalps.com/pi latus

I hope this helps and you get great weather at the top!

Maria.

Yoggiis
Yoggiis
3 posts
May 27, 2019 - 5:29 AM

Hello I want to travel the Golden route in July . I will have a rail pass (3 day pass)

Section 1: by boat in Lucerne to Alpnachstad;

Section 2: by cogwheel train to the peak of Mount Pilatus;

Section 3: by cable car down to Fräkmüntegg;

Section 4: by gondola down to Kriens;

Section 5: by bus back to the rail station of Lucerne.

what will have to pay for an adult for this trip ? I u derstznd that lucern to alpnachstad by boat is included . Not sure about the other sections

thanks for the help in advance

Arno
Arno
14014 posts
expert &
May 27, 2019 - 5:49 AM in reply to Yoggiis

Hi Yoggis,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I am not sure which rail pass you have, but I assume it is the Swiss Travel Pass. If so, then section 2, 3, 4 are discounted by 50% and the rest is free. Please see www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity for details about pass coverage.

Yoggiis
Yoggiis
3 posts
May 27, 2019 - 6:14 AM

Thanks for the reply , yes I have the 3 Day Swiss travel pass. Could you please confirm if the total price of section 2-3-4 is 72 chf by cog train , then by cable car n then by gondola , so I would pay like 36 chf per person (50 percent discount) . I am a little unsure about the price of those sections whether each of those sections cost 36 or the entire section costs 36

thanks again in advance

Last modified on May 27, 2019 - 6:15 AM by Yoggiis
Arno
Arno
14014 posts
expert &
May 27, 2019 - 6:39 AM in reply to Yoggiis

Hi Yoggis,

Yes, CHF 36 is the correct price for all sections combined!

Last modified on May 27, 2019 - 6:39 AM by Arno
Yoggiis
Yoggiis
3 posts
May 27, 2019 - 4:46 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno, much appreciated.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019