Rainy day suggestions for Bern

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Gitz
Gitz
9 posts
Oct 7, 2019 - 8:32 PM

Hello,
We are reaching Bern tomorrow for 4 days. We were hoping to visit interlaken and Montreux as day trips during this time. As per weather forecasts it will be raining all day on Wednesday in Bern Montreux and Interlaken. Though forecasts are unreliable but still I want to keep some options for rainy day. Our kids are 1.5 and 5.5 years old so please suggest something they will be able to enjoy. Thanks!

Virgingorda
Virgingorda
39 posts
Oct 8, 2019 - 2:28 AM

I'd recommend you go to Ballenberg Outdoor Museum. More manageable in the rain than the open outdoors and kids would enjoy the activities there. The walks from canton to canton are very nice in natural settings, like easy hikes. Old farm houses and animals. If it pours, just hang out in one of the bigger houses and see the exhibit inside. It's huge and we spent a good portion of a day there covering almost everything. I loved the freshly made cheese there.

Last modified on Oct 8, 2019 - 2:30 AM by Virgingorda
Steph
Steph
1929 posts
top member &
Oct 8, 2019 - 4:17 AM in reply to Gitz

Hello Gitz,

I don't think there's anything you need to worry about too much. Find recommendations for a bad weather day in Bern in below links:
- www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/suggestions-for-a-rainy-day
- www.myswissalps.com/be rn/activities

Get back to us for further support.

Best,
Steph

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019