Buy the Swiss Saver Day Pass for someone else

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
susanna
susanna
7 posts
Jun 12, 2019 - 3:46 PM

Can I buy the saver day pass online for someone else? Is the eticket be emailed to me after charging my credit card? Need to print it off for use?

rockoyster
rockoyster
7358 posts
expert
Jun 12, 2019 - 10:34 PM in reply to susanna

I don’t see why not. It will get emailed to whatever email address you nominate. You can print it off or show it on phone.

www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass/price

Melbkk
Melbkk
6 posts
Jun 13, 2019 - 9:44 AM

H rockoysteri, still related to railway pass.. I need your suggestion please. What kind of railway pass should i get?

Below is my itinerary: June 19th arriving Zurich at 12.10 then plan to take the train to Luzern at 1pm then explore the city in the afternoon. June 20th, will take a day trip to Mt. Pilatus, and hoping i could also have a chance for Riqi. June 21st, go back to Zurich Airport for my Flight at 3pm.

I am thinking of buying the day pass, but not so sure about it. Should i buy ticket online of i could buy at the airport railway station.

Thanks so much.

rockoyster
rockoyster
7358 posts
expert
Jun 13, 2019 - 10:59 AM in reply to Melbkk

I doubt there is any pass that would help you there. Maybe the Saver Day Pass which would cover Rigi and getting to and from Alpnachstad/Kriens for Pilatus. But Zurich to Luzern and return are relatively low cost tickets.

Melbkk
Melbkk
6 posts
Jun 13, 2019 - 11:20 AM in reply to rockoyster

I see.. but is buying a saver pass worth it for my day 2 activities on June 20th? If not that means i will have to buy tickets for the ride separately. Another question is, will one day be enough to do both Pilatus and Rigi? Apologize for so many questions, it's just that i do not have much time to do some research.

Annika
Annika
6031 posts
expert &
Jun 13, 2019 - 2:44 PM

Hi Melbkk. You'll have to do some calculations to find out if the Saver Day Pass is worth it. It helps to check the validity area here: myswissalps.com/saverd aypass/validity. As you'll see, mountain transportation from/to Pilatus is not covered, but Rigi is. So it really depends on your finalized travel plans whether or not a Saver Day Pass is cheaper than regular train tickets.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019