Schilthorn with Swiss Travel Pass from Interlaken

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Zairy
Zairy
33 posts
Nov 17, 2019 - 12:15 AM

Hi,

I will be in Switzerland on the 12-14 dec this year. How can i get the cable car pass for Swiss Travel Pass holder.My base is Interlaken.Thank you.

rockoyster
rockoyster
7675 posts
expert
Nov 17, 2019 - 2:23 AM in reply to Zairy

The trip to Schilthorn is free with the Swiss Travel Pass. You will need to show your STP at the ticket office at Stechelberg or Mürren to get a free “ticket/pass” for the cable ways.

You need a train from Interlaken Ost to Lauterbrunnen. From Lauterbrunnen a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you visit Schilthorn (don’t miss The Thrill Walk at Birg). Or you can do the circuit in the opposite direction. It’s all free in 2019 with the STP.

Suzanne
Suzanne
152 posts
active member &
Nov 17, 2019 - 8:15 AM

Hello Zairy,

Thanks for your question! In addition to rockoyster's expert advice, I will include the train schedule and the detailed route to Schilthorn for you as well.

Train schedule:

Schilthorn:

Best wishes,

Suzanne

Zairy
Zairy
33 posts
Nov 18, 2019 - 9:37 PM

Thank you Rockoyster & Suzanne. And what about ticket to Jungfraujoch. I do need ticket from Grindelwald or wengen to Jungfraujoch.Can i get them at interlaken OST?

rockoyster
rockoyster
7675 posts
expert
Nov 18, 2019 - 9:41 PM in reply to Zairy

Yes, you can get the 25% discounted ticket at any manned train station. Wait until you know the weather is favourable. For current Jungfraujoch pricelist see bit.ly/2J5H92u.

Last modified on Nov 18, 2019 - 9:42 PM by rockoyster
Zairy
Zairy
33 posts
Nov 18, 2019 - 10:24 PM

Does the station accept credit card or cash only?

rockoyster
rockoyster
7675 posts
expert
Nov 18, 2019 - 10:56 PM in reply to Zairy

Credit cards are fine.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

Black Friday deals for Switzerland

Take advantage of the Black Friday 2019 deals! There are some very good discounts for travelers to Switzerland.
More information

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019