Show dairy & Kambly factory en route to Lucerne

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
BRETT
BRETT
6 posts
May 9, 2019 - 10:47 AM

I am very appreciative of all the information that I have received on this forum. Thank you for adding to our September trip plans. My husband and myself, plan to spend 4 of our 10 days in Switzerland staying in Interlaken as a base and then to Lucerne for 4 days as a base. One of our days from Lucerne we would like to visit the showdairy in Affoltern im Emmental. The thought is to get up early, travel to Bern and spend a few hours, then to Affoltern and possibly lunch there. I believe I need to take a train and then a bus to get to Affoltern .My question is can we then take the train around 2 and get to The Kambly factory , spend a bit of time there and then train back to Lucerne. I have been trying to find a way to visit Kambly and Affoltern in the same day but haven’t been able to figure it out. Perhaps it is not feasible. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

i

Maria
Maria
818 posts
top member
May 9, 2019 - 6:15 PM

Hi Brett

Great to hear you've found the forum helpful!

I have not done that particular trip but if you input the locations into the advanced timetable, it will plan to the minute where you need to be when and all train/bus connections: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

You can use "via" the second destination to make sure you are going to all places. You can add several points en route and you can play around with the order you do things.

You may also want to search the forum using the top right hand side box as there are a few people who have done this trip already, for example there is a thread here www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/9-nights-lucerne-grindelwald-zurich-mid-may-1

More info on culinary tours: www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/culinarytours

Hope this helps and maybe others have first hand experience.

Maria.

BRETT
BRETT
6 posts
May 11, 2019 - 9:52 AM in reply to Maria

Thank you Maria for all your information and the idea of searching the forum. I had not thought of that. I am enjoying the planning of our trip but find that I do need to dedicate more time to the “getting there” in some segments. Thanks again.

Maria
Maria
818 posts
top member
May 11, 2019 - 2:37 PM

Great, good luck with the planning!

Just let us know if you have more questions once you have a more detailed view of what you'd like to do!

Maria.

Black Friday deals for Switzerland

Take advantage of the Black Friday 2019 deals! There are some very good discounts for travelers to Switzerland.
More information

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019