Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Sled runs in Preda-Bergün and Wengen

Sled runs in Preda-Bergün and Wengen

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Rouan Durr
Rouan Durr
8 posts
Jan 24, 2020 - 7:55 AM

Hi all,

If I have my own toboggan, do I need a day pass to Toboggan on a toboggan run where I can get to the starting point for free when using a Swiss Travel Pass Flex.

The Toboggan Run I am referring to is the Preda-Bergün sled run.

I would also like to do the Fox Run (Kleine Scheidegg to Wengen ) but I believe they only give 50% discount on that route for a Swiss Travel Pass Flex.

Thank you.

Rouan

Anna
Anna
785 posts
top member &
Jan 24, 2020 - 9:06 AM in reply to Rouan Durr

Hi Rouan,

Yes, you do still need a ticket to access the Preda-Bergün sled runs. With the Swiss Travel Pass Flex, a single ticket cost CHF6 and a day pass CHF19 for adults. Y0u can buy the tickets from the station or at the ticket machine. The 6km sledding track starts right next to the Preda train station and takes you all the way down to Bergün. More details here: www.schlitteln-berguen.ch/infos

As for the Fox Run in Wengen, there is no need to get a sledging pass, only tickets to get you to Kleine Scheidegg where the run starts. With the Swiss Travel Pass Flex you are entitled for a discount on the train fare.

Be sure you are travelling on a valid travel day. More details about how to use the Swiss Travel Pass Flex here: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpassflex/howtouse

Be sure to read this too: www.myswissalps.com/activities/snow

Regards,

Anna

rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Jan 24, 2020 - 9:54 AM in reply to Rouan Durr

Hope you can post a video or two like youtu.be/LSYBqT8Y-pg. 😉

Last modified on Jan 24, 2020 - 9:56 AM by rockoyster
Rouan Durr
Rouan Durr
8 posts
Jan 24, 2020 - 12:08 PM in reply to Anna

Thank you very much Anna.

Can you tel me would it be the same for the Big Pintenfritz as for the Fox Run. I get discount (?) to travel up to First from Grindelwald using my flex travell pass then walk to Faulhorn. Any need for day pass?

And lastly, what about nSchlittelbahn Rotenboden Zermattt, Rotenboden–Zermatt, Run. g

Thanks

Rouan

th

Anna
Anna
785 posts
top member &
Jan 24, 2020 - 5:11 PM in reply to Rouan Durr

Hi Rouan,

Yes, you can take the cable car to First (discounted with the Swiss Travel Pass) then walk to Faulhorn. Alternatively you can take the Grindelwald Bus to Bussalp and walk to Faulhorn. Or just race your way down from Bussalp, if that's more convenient. Besides the Big Pintenfritz, you can choose from three other sled runs directly accessible from Bussalp. More details available here, including price of a single or day sledging pass: www.grindelwaldbus.ch/en/sledging

More info on Grindelwald here: www.myswissalps.com/grindelwald

The Rotenboden-Riffelberg toboggan run in Zermatt is accessible with the Gornergrat railway and you do need to pay to use the tracks. Prices including discounted price with the Swiss Travel Pass are listed here: www.gornergratbahn.ch/en/winter/special-offers/toboggan-fun-on-the-gornergrat

More info on Gornergrat and Zermatt below:

www.myswissalps.com/zermatt

www.myswissalps.com/gornergrat

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Jan 24, 2020 - 5:42 PM by Anna
Rouan Durr
Rouan Durr
8 posts
Jan 24, 2020 - 5:37 PM in reply to Anna

Thank you Anna for all the info.

Rouan

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020