Snow conditions around Locarno Ticino mid June

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Olavegil
Olavegil
9 posts
May 23, 2019 - 11:13 AM

I'm considering a week long trip to Ticino around june 10th, mainly for hiking. Locarno will be my place of stay if I go there. I've seen pictures from the mountains in Italy in connection with the Giro indicating that there still is a lot of snow there. Is there anyone who knows if there is a lot of snow in the mountains around Locarno, especially in Valle Maggia and Verzasca. I'm not counting on trips to 3000m, but it would be a big advantage if It was snow free at least at 2000-2200m.

Arno
Arno
13641 posts
expert &
May 23, 2019 - 5:35 PM

Hi Olavegil,

Viewing points like Cimetta and Monte Generoso at 1600 m are snow free already, so I don't think you should have any issues at 2000 meter in two weeks time. However, always keep an eye on the weather and avalanche forecasts, and ask the local tourist office in case of any doubts.

Last modified on May 23, 2019 - 5:36 PM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019