Sunset cruise at Lake Luzern + Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Alex Chaing
Alex Chaing
2 posts
Apr 21, 2019 - 1:24 PM

So grateful to have joined this informative and helpful website and forum.

My family will be visiting Swiss after my daughter's graduation in UK in the coming July. We have just bought the Swiss Travel Passes (Many thanks for the info here about Rail Europe's discount!!!)

We plan to take a Sunset Cruise (for dinner) at Lake Luzern in a Friday evening. From the offer page in the lakelucerne.ch website, there is a fare of 22.5 per person while à la carte dishes are to chosen on board. Just want to ask if we have to pay this fare when we have the Swiss Travel Passes. May I also ask for your expert suggestions for other similar packages?

Annika
Annika
5241 posts
expert &
Apr 22, 2019 - 7:42 AM

Hi Alex Chaing, and welcome to MySwissAlps! Glad to hear it's been helpful so far. As for the sunset cruise: as far as I can tell, the boat trip itself should be covered by your Swiss Travel Pass (myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/validity) and you'd have to pay for the dinner itself only. If you go ahead and book the journey, you'll get to select ticket options. If you fill out "GA" there, that will tell the booking system you have a "Genaral Abonnement". It's a pass used by Swiss residents and offering discounts similar to the Swiss Travel Pass. So in the end you'll pay CHF 0, but you'll have a table reservation this way. If you have a 2nd class pass but prefer to dine in 1st class, you have to pay for an upgrade ticket.

I think this is how it should work, but if any doubts remain I'd contact the Lake Lucerne boat company to make sure: myswissalps.com/boatla kelucerne.

Alex Chaing
Alex Chaing
2 posts
Apr 23, 2019 - 7:08 AM in reply to Annika

Many thanks, Annika.

Have followed your advice and completed the table reservation with ZERO payment.

Rail Europe has emailed us the STPs (Print @Home version), too, in exactly two business days after the confirmation.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019