Sunset or sunrise at Gornergrat in October

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
pragyesh31
pragyesh31
3 posts
Sep 26, 2019 - 9:21 AM

Hi Guys,

I'd be spending 2 nights in Zermatt in the first week of October'19. I'm interested to know if it would be possible to visit Gornergrat or Rothorn for sunrise or sunset. I'm more interested in sunrise.

According to this link(www.timeanddate.com/su n/@2659729?month=10&year=2019), the sunset would be at around 7-7:30AM. Is it advisable to go that early in the morning or stay up till late for sunset? I used the webcams to see how is the weather at this point and it looks very foggy as of now :( I hope to see clear sunshine when I am there.

Thanks in advance guys. :)

Ildiko
Ildiko
377 posts
top member &
Sep 26, 2019 - 1:03 PM in reply to pragyesh31

Hi Pragyesh31,

you can check the timetable at www.myswissalps.com/ti metable for Gornergrat and for Blauherd. (You cannot get by cable car to Rothorn anymore, it takes you just to Blauherd, from there you need to hike.) The earliest cogwheel train leaves at 7:00 am to Gornergrat, so you will be at the top around 7:38. This means you could see the sunrise from the train.

A few weeks ago we were walking down from Gornergrat to Riffelberg when the sun went down, it was beautiful. Although it is good to know, that usually it is more clear in the morning than in the afternoon.

One more thing, I would definitely suggest Gornergrat instead of Blauherd.

More about Zermatt at www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt/activities.

Last modified on Sep 26, 2019 - 1:08 PM by Ildiko

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019