15-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex benefits in Zermatt

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Travelogged
Travelogged
1 post
Oct 1, 2019 - 8:11 PM

I will be travelling in Switzerland in May 2020 by trains for 20 days and plan to use a Swiss 15-day Travel Pass Flex. There will be 15 travelling days to different regions during the 20 days in the country. The remaining 5 days I plan to be at the Berner Oberland (Jungfrau) area and Zermatt (Matterhorn) area. Both of these areas have special local trains, lifts and Passes (such as the three-day Jungfrau Travel Pass) that offer special discounts to Swiss Travel Pass holders. Do I pay the full prices or the discount prices on these 5 days? These 5 days will be in the middle of the 20 days while I travel in Switzerland. Any advice will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Ildiko
Ildiko
340 posts
top member &
Oct 2, 2019 - 5:15 AM in reply to Travelogged

Hi Travelogged and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Travel Pass Flex is only valid on the days when you you are using the Pass. If you are not using it during those 5 days, you cannot get a discount for it. Further information at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/howt ouse (especially under "Traveling on other days").

You'll find a useful guide with a calculation spreadsheet, which helps you to choose a rail pass in 5 steps at www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass. The downloadable spreadsheet also includes links to the “Where it's valid" page for all available passes, be sure to study it carefully.

Be sure to check these too to get the most out of your journey:

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019