Book Swiss Travel Pass at least 5 days in advance?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Dana
Dana
7 posts
Jun 13, 2019 - 11:52 AM

Gruezi,

I saw at Zermatt website that in order to recieve the discount of the swiss pass travel 8 days, I should book the swiss pass at least 5 days in advance.

So if I understand correctly, I can't buy the swiss pass when I'll arrive at Zurich and travel to Zermatt the next day with the discount ?

So I have to buy the swiss pass on the internet and can't wait until I'll come to Switzerland ?

Is it like this also in other sites like Stanserhorn, Spiez and Jungfrau ?

Thank you.

Arno
Arno
13990 posts
expert &
Jun 13, 2019 - 2:54 PM

Hi Dana,

I've not heard of that before and it is not correct. You can buy a Swiss Travel Pass at staffed stations in Switzerland during opening hours, or online. Online is the best way, because you will save time, sometimes you'll save money, and you'll get a PDF file which is a great backup and prevents issues when passes are lost. Please find all purchase options here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

Note that I'm talking about the Swiss Travel Pass. SwissPass is something different, you don't need that: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/swisspass.

Discounted cable car tickets for Swiss Travel Pass holders can be purchased on the spot, and often online as well. Whichever way you prefer will work :-)

www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/naturalsites/ mountains

Last modified on Jun 13, 2019 - 2:54 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019