May 31, 2019 - 4:31 PM
1. I read that it is recommended to purchase tickets to Gelmerbahn ahead of time. How far in advance should we purchase the tickets? It looks like the tickets are timed. How do I know we would like to spend on top near the lake. If we are not ready to go down at the time of the ticket or would like to go earlier- is it possible to exchange the ticket? I think I read that there is a restaurant at the top. Is that true or should we bring a small pick nick with us?
2. Thrill Walk at the Birg: How long does it take to go there? Would 3 hours be sufficient to spend there? I believe I read that there is a place with food there as well. Is that correct?
3. Glacier 3000: Where do we park to take the cable car to the top? Where can I find that information?
4. How long does it take to go up to Aescher-Wildkirch? How much does it cost? Where would I find that information? They do not take reservations for group under 10 people and there are 8 of us traveling. What are the chances that we would be able to have a meal there? Is it super busy and popular during July? I would imagine so. And if we do not have a chance of having a meal there, is it still worth it to go up and is there another place where we can get food? We are traveling with children and so ability to get food is important.
5. I read mixed reviews about St. Leonard lake. It is worth a trip? Going there would add 2 hours to the commute.
6. Would you recommend getting tickets to the Tamina spa ahead of time, or is it possible to purchase them on the spot?