Swiss Travel Pass tickets for Schilthorn cable car

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Crophopper
Crophopper
1 post
May 29, 2019 - 12:49 PM

Hi, I will be travelling around Switzerland in July this year and have received excellent information from this site, thank you so much.

I am planning to go to Schilthorn on Friday 12th July ( hopefully weather will be OK).

I will have the Swiss Travel Pass and will purchase a boarding pass for CHF5 on line in advance for the trip up. Could you please advise me if I need to queue at the ticket office of the cable car in Murren and get a ticket also.

Many thanks.

Arno
Arno
13990 posts
expert &
May 29, 2019 - 1:58 PM

Hi Crophopper,

Thanks for joining us! Either way, your trip will be free as the Schilthorn is included in the Swiss Travel Pass: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity.

When you arrive it will be clear whether or not you need to get a free ticket to pass through the turnstiles (it will be announced or you can ask the staff). I think you do in this case, but there are also cable cars where you just need to show your pass before boarding and nothing else is needed.

Last modified on May 29, 2019 - 1:59 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019