Bern to Grindelwald by boat & train in 1 day

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sorensenp
Sorensenp
3 posts
Sep 29, 2019 - 3:27 AM

Is it possible to buy one ticket for train from Bern to Thun, then boat to Interlaken, then train to Grindelwald all in one day? How long would each segment take, where would I purchase a ticket and how far in advance do I need to purchase? Thank you!

Arno
Arno
14087 posts
expert &
Sep 29, 2019 - 6:16 PM

Hi Sorensenp,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Yes, that is certainly possible. You can purchase a ticket just before you travel at the station or online in advance: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland. If your travel date is set then I'd recommend the Saver Day Pass because it's cheaper if you buy well in advance. It includes the trains and the boat: www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass.

Bern to Grindelwald by train takes about 1.5 hours. If you include the boat that will be 3 to 4 hours.

Last modified on Sep 29, 2019 - 6:16 PM by Arno
Sorensenp
Sorensenp
3 posts
Sep 30, 2019 - 3:24 AM in reply to Arno

Thank you so much. This is great information as our time in Switzerland is limited and we want to make the most of it.

I already know that we want to return to this beautiful country. Thank you for your help. P

Sorensenp
Sorensenp
3 posts
Oct 6, 2019 - 5:18 AM in reply to Arno

Hi we are in Luzern now, have taken in the local beautiful sites and now wanting to take a boat trip on the lake. Originally we planned to go to Vitznau then a Rigi hike but as the weather is unsettled am now thinking of just a boat trip with several stops. Can you please recommend? We have the day to spend as we fly out of Zurich this evening

Suzanne
Suzanne
110 posts
active member &
Oct 6, 2019 - 9:23 AM

Hello Sorensenp,

Welcome to Switzerland! I hope you are still able to read this message.

I would definitely go on a extended boat tour in Lucerne:

www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakelucerne

If you are in Vitznau, please take your time enjoy the beautiful lake view and have a bite to eat at any of the lake front restaurants.

When you return to Lucerne main train station, please stop by at Läderach chocolates (which is one floor down) and buy some Swiss, artisan chocolates there for you to enjoy and wind down.

I wish you a safe flight back home!

Best regards,

Suzanne

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019