Trip to Mont Blanc from Zermatt with travel pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Baxterdeck
Baxterdeck
19 posts
Aug 15, 2019 - 3:32 PM

Has anyone done any day trips to see Mont Blanc? We will have a Travel pass, no car. Coming from Zermatt. Thanks

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6873 posts
expert
Aug 16, 2019 - 1:36 AM in reply to Baxterdeck

What dates, and which of the many travel passes will you have?

Forum Rules:

<<"Please provide enough information. For example: the question "What can I do in 7 days in Interlaken?" can be answered much better if you include some information about your interests, preferences, when you plan to travel, age of the travelers, etc.">>

Slowpoke

Baxterdeck
Baxterdeck
19 posts
Aug 16, 2019 - 2:15 AM

Sorry Slowpoke!

we will have the two week pass. It will be first week of October.

Annika
Annika
6101 posts
expert &
Aug 16, 2019 - 6:38 AM

Hi Baxterdeck!

Do you mean the 15 day Swiss Travel Pass? If so, the entire journey from Zermatt to Chamonix-Mont Blanc is covered: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity. You'll travel via Martigny, as indicated by the SBB timetable: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. The Aiguille du Midi cable car is not included, so you'd have get additional tickets if you were to use it.

Baxterdeck
Baxterdeck
19 posts
Aug 16, 2019 - 12:00 PM

Thank you! Yes we will have 15 day STP. Any thoughts on the Aiguille du Midi cable car experience?

Annika
Annika
6101 posts
expert &
Aug 16, 2019 - 2:00 PM in reply to Baxterdeck

Hi Baxterdeck! I haven't done that particular cable car ride myself yet, so I'm afraid I can't share personal experiences. This might help to decide: https://www.chamonix.c om/aiguille-du-midi.

Last modified on Aug 16, 2019 - 2:00 PM by Annika

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

Black Friday deals for Switzerland

Take advantage of the Black Friday 2019 deals! There are some very good discounts for travelers to Switzerland.
More information

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019