Planning for 2.5 days in/around Geneva late June

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Byardy
Byardy
1 post
Jun 6, 2019 - 7:59 AM

1. Friday Jun-28 arrive in Geneva by train from Bern around noon. I would like to explore Geneva on foot that day or possibly take a guided walking tour. Any suggestions.

2. Saturday Jun-29 and Sunday Jun-30 overnight in Geneva over night: I would like to see the towns around Lake Geneva by boat, train and bus: Lausanne, Vevey, Montreux, Chillon castle, Villeneuve and St-Gingolph . I don't know how to break these places up into two days and how to reach each one or even if all are accessible.

3. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also is a Swiss Travel Pass worth it?

Thanks.

rockoyster
rockoyster
7377 posts
expert
Jun 7, 2019 - 12:48 AM in reply to Byardy

Hello Byardy and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. See www.myswissalps.com/ge neva/activities and scroll to bottom if you want self-guided walk.

2. Use the timetable on the SBB website (bit.ly/2HH1U7B) or the highly-recommended SBB Mobile app (bit.ly/2ICIUHi) to plan your travel. And see www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakegeneva. Yvoire, on the French side is worth a visit.

3. Is a Swiss Travel Pass worth it? Depends. What does the rest of you Swiss itinerary look like? You should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math. The spreadsheet also includes links to all the available passes.

Enjoy.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019