Which Swiss travel card is good for a student?

Print this page
Posts: 3
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
2 posts
new member
May 26, 2019 - 2:01 PM

Hello Dears!!!

I am startig my studies in Bern, for a duration of 5 months - during my stay I want to travel around the Switzerland - Can someone please guide me which Travel Card would best fit my interest? So that I can travel around the country with low travel expenses. Also I heard that there are some night passes (from 6pm evening - 8am morning) that you can travel with for free between cities? Is it true ? Kindly suggest me other options as well.

Thanks for your tIme!

Best Wishes!

Best Regards


13973 posts
expert &
May 26, 2019 - 3:03 PM

Hi Awais,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! 5 months in Bern allows lots of exploring, if you have enough days off from studying :-) We're more geared to tourist visits here; I don't know all the offers for residents and long stays.

There is a Swiss Half Fare Card for tourists, which is good for one month. In your case you may want to consider the one-year version which is mostly used by residents: www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/detail s.

For traveling in the evening (from 7 PM), you can look into the "seven25 travelcard": www.sbb.ch/en/travelca rds-and-tickets/railpasses/sev en25-travelcard.html.

Last modified on May 26, 2019 - 3:04 PM by Arno
2 posts
new member
May 26, 2019 - 8:23 PM

Thank you very much!

that was very helpful answer.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019