Zermatt to Interlaken return trip route

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Visitkiran5
Visitkiran5
22 posts
May 26, 2019 - 4:44 AM

Hi to all. We are based in Interlaken for our trip in Switzerland from 17/06 to 24/06 and exploring from there. After finishing in Zermatt for a day, on 20/06 we shall be returning to Interlaken. Can please u suggest what we can do from Zermatt during the day towards Montreux before returning by Golden pass route by late evening. Trip to Bern, Lucerne area already taken care of.

Please also suggest route to Schilthorn from Interlaken on 21/06 and while returning what we can see around before returning late evening.

We have STP for both of us. Thanks and regards. Kiran

Steph
Steph
1918 posts
top member &
May 27, 2019 - 5:20 AM in reply to Visitkiran5

Hello Kiran,

Nice to hear you're coming along soon!

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. Are you going for a day trip to Zermatt from Interlaken and returning the same day via Montreux the same day?!

If so, then this is an incredible travelling day.

Please use the timetable below and provided in your other threads to calculate travelling times and find out about Montreux and the Lake Geneva area:
- www.myswissalps.com/ti metable
- www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-to-zermatt-and-montreux-from-interlaken

Best,
Steph

Also check:
- www.myswissalps.com/sc hilthorn
- www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass

Last modified on May 27, 2019 - 5:28 AM by Steph
Visitkiran5
Visitkiran5
22 posts
May 27, 2019 - 6:51 AM in reply to Steph

Dear Stella, thanks for your help. We are spending a night in Zermatt on 19/06 and returning to Interlaken on 20/06 What I request that while returning from zermatt to Interlaken We want to return via Montreux. So please suggest what we can do in Montreux during the day and we would like to return Interlaken by around 8 pm.

Please also tell best route for going to Schilthorn from Interlaken next day and while returning from there where else can we stop to return to Interlaken late evening.

Thanks so much. Kiran

Steph
Steph
1918 posts
top member &
May 27, 2019 - 8:37 AM in reply to Visitkiran5

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for clarifying.

Find input about what to do in and around Montreux in these links:
- www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux/activities
- www.myswissalps.com/la kegeneva

Check this link for the Golden Pass Montreux to Interlaken:
- www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass

Find out about how to get to the Schilthorn below. Murren is a wonderful place to see on the way.
- www.myswissalps.com/sc hilthorn/gettingthere
- www.myswissalps.com/mu rren

Best,
Steph

Last modified on May 27, 2019 - 8:37 AM by Steph
Visitkiran5
Visitkiran5
22 posts
May 27, 2019 - 11:38 AM in reply to Steph

Thanks 🙏🙏🙏🙏so much Steph.

Steph
Steph
1918 posts
top member &
May 27, 2019 - 2:15 PM in reply to Visitkiran5

Hi Kiran,

You're more than welcome! :)

Visitkiran5
Visitkiran5
22 posts
May 27, 2019 - 4:56 PM in reply to Steph

Thanks again Steph. I want to take your choice and preferences in regards to Gorengrat train journey or Klien Matterhorn paradise Cable car journey. With STP I am paying the same price around 50 chf pp. So please guide me which will be better viewing scenic. We are going on 19/06. Thanks and regards. Kiran

Steph
Steph
1918 posts
top member &
May 28, 2019 - 12:22 PM in reply to Visitkiran5

Hello Kiran,

Now this is a very individual thing to decide, both places are unique and wonderful! Same, same but different, is what I tend to say. See:
- www.myswissalps.com/go rnergrat
- www.myswissalps.com/kl einmatterhorn

Just FYI, there is also an Peak to Peak ticket available, which you can find on the webpage listed under "More on other websites" of this link:
- www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt

Best,
Steph

Last modified on May 28, 2019 - 12:22 PM by Steph
1960man
1960man
2131 posts
top member
May 28, 2019 - 11:29 PM in reply to Visitkiran5

'Which is the better viewing scenic' is an unanswerable question for Zermatt. Zermatt is famously known as the village of the 4000'ers as it is surrounded by 38 peaks over 4000 metres altitude

see: www.zermatt.ch/en/moun tain-experiences/4000er-Alpincenter-Eldorado-fuer-Bergsteiger/38-four-thousand-metre-peaks

I do actually recommend Gornergrat. It is simpler, and more comfortable, being a train journey. Also the Gornergratbahn (GGB) station is right next to the main railway station. Sit on the right hand side when the train departs from Zermatt and you will get views of the Matterhorn almost all the way. At the summit station you have a great view of the Monte Rosa, and you can be getting your photos seconds after you get off the train.

Last modified on May 28, 2019 - 11:30 PM by 1960man
Visitkiran5
Visitkiran5
22 posts
May 29, 2019 - 3:47 AM in reply to Steph

Thanks 🙏 a lot Steph and 1960 Man for your advice.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019