Zermatt to St Moritz using Saver Day Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Yoonyingwong
Yoonyingwong
9 posts
May 6, 2019 - 1:04 PM

I purchase the saver day pass to travel from zermatt to St Moritz on the glacier express route the regular train. Just check the route it seems not in service so alternatively can I use my saver day pass to travel from zermatt to St moritz via lugano to Tirano and then to St Moritz?

rockoyster
rockoyster
7303 posts
expert
May 6, 2019 - 9:23 PM in reply to Yoonyingwong

The regular trains Zermatt to St Moritz on the GEX route ARE in service as explained on your other thread. You need to include “via Andermatt”.

You can go via Lugano but only IF you can get there in time to catch the once daily Bernina Express Bus from Lugano to Tirano. The bus requires reservations, To fully utilise the Saver Day Pass you would need to go Zermatt to Lugano via Locarno NOT via Milan. Stick to the GEX route.

Last modified on May 6, 2019 - 9:25 PM by rockoyster
1960man
1960man
2045 posts
top member
May 6, 2019 - 10:53 PM in reply to Yoonyingwong

Regular 'normal' trains run every day of the year on all railways between Zermatt and St Moritz, ie Zermatt - Visp - Brig - Andermatt; Andermatt - Disentis Muster; Disentise Muster - Reichenau Tamins; Reichenau Tamins - St Moritz.

Steph
Steph
1833 posts
top member &
May 7, 2019 - 8:29 AM in reply to Yoonyingwong

Hello Yoonyingwong,

Maybe searching the journey Zermatt to St Moritz "by section", as recommended by 1960man will help you find the connection you're looking for.

Don't give up, the connections are there!
- www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

For details on the Saver Day Pass use:
- www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass

Best,
Steph

Last modified on May 7, 2019 - 8:30 AM by Steph

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019