Zurich & Lucerne activities with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Ozitraveller
Ozitraveller
9 posts
Nov 17, 2019 - 10:04 AM

Hello,

We have a 4 days Swiss Travel Pass. The first two days we would like to use it for Lucerne and Zurich. The last two days we would use it to visit Matterhorn and Top of Europe which we know cost extra. So therefore, we like to make the most of STP and we don't mind to start our day/activities very early in the morning.

Which cruise company that we can take for free (as part of STP) for Lake Lucerne and Lake Zurich?

Which museums are entrance free for Lucerne and Zurich?

We like scenery activities and a little bit of museum (history).

Any inputs/suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you :-)

rockoyster
rockoyster
7679 posts
expert
Nov 17, 2019 - 10:53 AM in reply to Ozitraveller

Have you had a look at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity?

If you have then search this site for Jungfraujoch, Luzern, Zurich and Zermatt and check out the “What to do” tab on those pages.

Suzanne
Suzanne
152 posts
active member &
Nov 17, 2019 - 11:03 AM

Hello Ozitraveller,

Thanks for your questions! How wonderful that you have purchased the Swiss Travel Pass for your time in Switzerland. I have included a detailed link about the pass for your reference.

I have also included detailed links about Jungfraujoch and Zermatt for your reference:

With the Swiss Travel Pass, all boats are free, except for special cruises such as dinner cruises. I will include a links about Lake Lucerne and Lake Zurich.

Lake Lucerne:

Lake Zurich:

Your Swiss Travel Pass works as a Swiss Museum Pass too. Normally this is a separate product to be purchased separately. You can enjoy hundreds of museums for free. Check out this link www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/details and click the link where it reads, museumpass, there you will see all the participating museums, from there you can see which museums would appeal to you. Please also check out the below links to give you more ideas for scenic and cultural activities.

Be sure to check out the other threads in rail travel; I'm sure you will catch a lot of interesting reads. Please also get familiar with the train timetable.

I hope this helps you get started!

Best wishes,

Suzanne

Last modified on Nov 17, 2019 - 7:29 PM by Suzanne
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6888 posts
expert
Nov 17, 2019 - 11:39 AM in reply to Suzanne

HI Suzanne-

<"With the Swiss Travel Pass, all boats are free, except for special

cruises such as dinner cruises. I will include a links about Lake

Lucerne and Lake Zurich.">>

A couple of years ago, the boats on Lake Zürich added a modest surcharge...maybe 5 CHF...

Have they discontinued that annoying practice?

Slowpoke

Suzanne
Suzanne
152 posts
active member &
Nov 17, 2019 - 12:11 PM

Hello Slowpoke,

It definitely must have been a couple of years ago Slowpoke. This surcharge that was placed by the canton of Zurich has now been abolished since March 30, 2018. So no more surcharges! Nüüt!

I hope you get a chance to take a boat ride on Lake Zurich again, sans surcharges.

I would like to thank you for your comprehensive, and expert comments on MySwissAlps. It is greatly appreciated!

Take care Slowpoke.

Best wishes,

Suzanne

Last modified on Nov 17, 2019 - 12:12 PM by Suzanne
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6888 posts
expert
Nov 17, 2019 - 3:18 PM in reply to Suzanne

<<"This surcharge that was placed by the canton of Zurich has now been abolished since March 30, 2018. So no more surcharges!">>

Thanks. Good to know. Now I can ride down to Rapperswil on a jet lag day, once again. ;-)

Slowpoke

Last modified on Nov 17, 2019 - 3:22 PM by Slowpoke
Please login to see the attached documents
Suzanne
Suzanne
152 posts
active member &
Nov 17, 2019 - 3:22 PM

Hello Slowpoke,

Yes, definitely do that! Don't forget to take photos from the boat ride and post them on the forum.

Thanks for all the wonderful photos you just posted. Love them!

Best wishes,

Suzanne

Last modified on Nov 17, 2019 - 3:24 PM by Suzanne
Ozitraveller
Ozitraveller
9 posts
Nov 17, 2019 - 6:55 PM

Thank you to Rockoyster, Suzanne and Slowpoke for your supportive answers 👍🙏🏻

gramels
gramels
21 posts
Nov 18, 2019 - 9:20 AM

take a day trip to top of Mount Rigi, all in Swiss travel pass.

Zürich - Arth - Rigi Kulm - Vitznau - boat - Lucerne - Zürich

or the other way around

or from Kaltbad to Wegg via Cable Car and the boat Weggis Lucerne

Ozitraveller
Ozitraveller
9 posts
Nov 19, 2019 - 7:31 AM

Thank you @Gramels. Can we do that from Lucerne? As our base is Lucerne.

gramels
gramels
21 posts
Nov 19, 2019 - 7:36 AM in reply to Ozitraveller

yes, check out www.rigi.ch/en/Activit ies

There are various round trips using STP around mount Rigi. Lucerne works as well, there is a direct train Lucerne Arth

rockoyster
rockoyster
7679 posts
expert
Nov 19, 2019 - 10:02 AM in reply to Ozitraveller

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

Black Friday deals for Switzerland

Take advantage of the Black Friday 2019 deals! There are some very good discounts for travelers to Switzerland.
More information

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019